There are many ways of attracting viewers to your website – we have selected a few that we find are the most important. Keep checking our blog to stay updated on the latest best practices to drive traffic and engagement to your website.
We all appreciate a personal touch, and this is no less the case when it comes to the marketing we are subjected to online. Personalized newsletters have demonstrably increased conversions and customer retention, open rates (up to 30%)* as well as engagement with the content provided and higher click-through rates (CTR up to 15%)*.
In the past, publishers adopted a generic “one size fits all” approach to email marketing – but today, especially with segmentation and personalization – email marketing is focused on relevance. When profiling is done and engagement increases, you can send fewer emails to each subscriber and achieve greater results.
*Results from using Magnet’s personalized newsletter services.
Leverage Multiple Platforms Based on Different Audience Preferences
It’s not enough to produce great content and hope that people find it – you have to be proactive. One of the best ways to increase traffic to your website is to use social media channels to promote your content.
- Get social on Instagram to drive traffic to your website
- Share content on Facebook, mainly video
- Pitch your newsletter on Twitter
- Leverage LinkedIn’s publishing platform
- Create a blog with engaging content and more
- Find niche platforms your readers are using
- Answer questions on Quora
- Create an online community around your brand
Mainly, you should understand your traffic sources and create content to target a wide array of your users based on their platform preference, demographics, device choice etc.
SEO, Internal Linking and Web Optimization
Today, if you don’t understand SEO, you’re setting yourself up for failure. For content publishers, these are the main aspects of SEO that need to be optimized:
- SSL encryption to provide online security for viewers on your website
- Optimize for mobile to adapt to Google’s long-standing mobile-first policy
- Correct use of URL’s and Page Titles to allow indexing and better search results
- Make sure the website has a fast loading speed
- Internal links and back links
To find out more about a publisher’s SEO checklist, clickhere.
Google uses internal links to help discover new content.
Here’s what Google says:
Google must constantly search for new pages and add them to its list of known pages. Some pages are known because Google has already crawled them before. Other pages are discovered when Google follows a link from a known page to a new page.
Last but not least, you should make sure to optimize the website itself due to the fact that when your website isn’t found by search engines, business is lost. Web optimization is mainly about optimizing conversions and traffic.
Quality of Content
Content is king. As long as you create useful and valuable content on your site or blog, you’ll keep the visitors coming back. Also, the higher the quality of your content, the more engaged your visitors will be. They will share your content for you, helping to promote your site for almost no cost.
Video Is A Must
It goes without saying that videos:
- Are more attractive than text => Higher CTR/PageViews
- Engage visitors longer => longer time spent on site
- Definitely get more share and likes on social media
- Excellent asset for native and sponsorships
- Yield much higher returns in terms of CPM (cost per impression) value
- Are THE preferred format for news consumption
Check out our article on video strategies that worked.